- Producator: PASHLEY
- Cod produs: Pashley Aurora
- Disponibilitate: Disponibil la Pre-Comanda
The Aurora is a hugely versatile and unique ladies bicycle, offering a dynamic ride that is suited to all sorts of pursuits. The stunning mixte style frame is constructed from legendary Reynolds 531 tubing that is at once lightweight and stiff, built completely by hand to offer a swift yet elegant riding position.
This sense of refinement is completed by the Old English White or Peppermint paintwork that carries with it an understated beauty that complements the rich honey colour of the Brooks B17S saddle, made by hand only thirty miles from our factory. As head-turning as the Aurora may be, it also excels in the choice components it is graced with. The 8 speed Shimano Alfine hub gears allow you to tackle even the very steepest of hills whilst requiring little maintenance, and the narrow Mavic alloy rims with Panaracer puncture protected tyres give you the chance to ride at speed without unwelcome interruption.
Whether in busy city traffic, on winding country lanes or anything in between, the Aurora is a true all-rounder that can stand up to the rigours of modern life without losing the elegance and reliability for which Pashley’s bicycles are renowned.
|Colours||Old English White or Peppermint.|
|Gears||Shimano Alfine 8 speed hub gear with Rapidfire thumb shifter.|
|Frame||Elegant slender tubed step through frame design. Traditional lugged and brazed construction with lightweight Reynolds 531 tubes. Individually hand-built.|
|Fork||Investment cast crown with Reynolds taper gauge oval blades.|
|Saddle||Brooks B17s Honey coloured natural leather saddle with chromed steel rails.|
|Handlebar||Alloy bar with backsweep, for a more upright riding position, on an alloy quill stem.|
|Brakes||Polished alloy dual pivot caliper brakes with slender classic brake levers.|
|Wheels||Mavic A319 alloy rims with quick release large flange alloy front hub and double butted stainless spokes.|
|Tyres||700c x 28 Panaracer Pasela Gumwall tyres with Kevala guard for extra puncture protection.|
|Mudguards||Polished stainless steel mudguards.|
|Pedals||Alloy body with non-slip rubber inserts.|
|Crankset||Shimano Alfine alloy crankset with guard (39T, 170mm).|
|Other Features||Micro-adjust alloy seatpost, chrome ping-bell, hand-made leather grips.|
|Frame Sizes||18", 20" and 22".|
- 1. Traditionally hand-built Reynolds 531 lightweight steel frame with investment-cast, fine cut-away lugs: With nimble geometry for a light and responsive feel and relaxed semi-upright riding style. Built using 100 year old traditional methods with lightweight butted Reynolds 531 tubing – the original ‘standard of excellence’ in frame building – and combines modern geometry with traditional, fine-lugged construction. With pointed wrap around top eyes featuring the Pashley name in relief, and matching lugged and brazed raked fork. Full compliment of braze-ons for the fitment of mudguards, rear pannier carrier, and 2x bottle cages.
- 2. Hand-crafted leather grips: Hand-stitched by English craftsmen, these grips are made from the finest aniline bridle leather, that is durable yet supple, and finished with highly-polished stainless steel end caps. A little added luxury!
- 3. Chrome ‘ping’ bell: a beautifully simplistic bell, with easy-to-activate sprung mechanism, politely alerts pedestrians to your presence.
- 4. Eight Speed Shimano Alfine hub gears: Wide-ranging and versatile Shimano Alfine, with its effortless operation, allows you to ride with pace and panache. As an enclosed gearing system it is protected from grit and the weather, thus requires minimal maintenance.
- 5. Effective dual-pivot, side-pull calliper brakes: lightweight side-pull brake callipers, with side and centre pivots, have greater mechanical advantage than other standard rim brakes, providing secure braking control.
- 6. Skin wall tyres with extra puncture protection: A touring and urban tyre with excellent ‘all-round’ tread patterns, and an inner Kevlar guard for extra puncture protection. Skin sidewalls are more flexible than standard carbon black, which helps to reduce rolling resistance.
- 7. Sleek stainless steel mudguards: highly polished and made from corrosion resistant stainless steel.
- 8. Traditional Brooks B17s leather saddle: The ladies specific version of Brooks' flagship model - a 100 year old design ideal for sports touring. The leather allows the saddle to breathe and form to your shape over time becoming uniquely comfortable. With handy rear luggage loops.
- 9. Micro-adjust seatpost: allows for fine-tuning of the saddle position and angle for improved individual comfort.
- 10. Double-wall alloy rims with double-butted stainless spokes: Stiffer than standard single-walls, double-wall rims provide added strength without increased weight. Rims also feature a heavy-duty box-section rim profile and double-butted stainless-steel spokes which help relieve impact stress from the rim and build a lighter, more resilient wheel.