- Producator: PASHLEY
- Cod produs: Pashley Pronto
- Disponibilitate: Disponibil la Pre-Comanda
The Pronto is Pashley’s latest generation of workbike, specifically designed to meet the exacting standards of the Royal Mail. It has beaten competition from around the world to become the sole choice for daily mail deliveries across the UK. Under Royal Mail's name the 'Mailstar', and with over 5000 in active service, it has become a firm favourite as a reliable and low maintenance carrier bicycle that can withstand the demands of regular heavy use.
With both front and rear carriers, it is capable of carrying loads up to 40 kilos whilst remaining steady and easy to ride. This is aided by the specially designed step-through frame, which allows for safe mounting and dismounting even when fully loaded. The Pronto can cope with all areas of commercial and industrial use, thanks to all-weather hub brakes and gears as well as robust puncture resistant tyres. This also makes it extremely low-maintenance, reducing the costs to your business in the long term.
Thoughtful features like easy trigger gear controls and a quick adjust seatpost means it can be used by all personnel without fuss and only the bare minimum of training. The Pronto is therefore a dependable mode of transport and a versatile alternative to motorized transport ideally suited to all manner of professional needs, all backed up by Pashley’s unique British hand-built quality.
|Colours||Customer specified from Pashley's colours list. Learn more|
|Gears||Sturmey Archer 3 speed, low maintenance hub gear (XRD-3) with trigger shifter.|
|Frame||Durable welded steel frame designed specifically for industrial use. Low step through.|
|Saddle||High-comfort padded design with elastomer springs.|
|Handlebar||Chromed steel riser bar on alloy and stainless stem.|
|Brakes||Low maintenance Sturmey Archer front and rear hub brakes with heavy duty cables.|
|Wheels||Heavy-duty 26" rear 24" front, alloy rims with 13 gauge spokes.|
|Tyres||1 3/4" Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres with extra puncture protection and reflective side walls.|
|Mudguards||Full-length pre-coated aluminium guards.|
|Pedals||Non-slip with rubber inserts.|
|Crankset||Heavy-duty forged steel cranks (170mm, 42T chainring).|
|Other Features||Shatterproof polycarbonate chainguard, bell, micro adjust seatpost.|
|Frame Sizes||Standard 18", Large 22"|
|Load Capacity||Recommended load: Front = 20 kg; Rear = 20 Kg (+ additional 60 kg if attaching the Euroload Trailer)|
- 1. Step-over frame with upright riding position: with refined ergonomics for superb handling when loaded or empty. Easy to mount/dismount frame with a comfortable, upright riding position that allows you a good view of your surroundings and other road users.
- 2. Hand-built industrial spec frame: Durable welded steel frame designed specifically for industrial use. Built using steel tubes in heavy-duty tube sections that retain ultimate strength (due to the intrinsically high tensile strength of steel) whilst giving more ride comfort and ‘feel’ than aluminium or carbon fibre. Steel is also inherently more durable (due to increased fatigue life) than aluminium.
- 3. Low maintenance 3 Speed hub gears: With easy-to-use light-shifting thumb trigger, they allow you to glide along flatter terrain with ease and climb inclines at a gentle pace. A robust, fully enclosed gear system that requires minimal maintenance.
- 4. *Optional heavy-duty tubular steel carrier: can be fitted with a plastic tray or eurobox.
- 5. Heavy-duty alloy wheels: These wheels have been built to withstand heavy-duty handling with durable 13 gauge spokes and 25mm section aluminium rims. Front and rear wheel removal and replacement has been simplified, and the integral chain tensioner reduces chain wear and eliminates rear wheel adjustment due to chain stretch.
- 6. Powerful, fully-enclosed hub brakes with heavy duty, automotive-standard cables and easy action brake-lever: enclosed and sealed from all weathers, these low maintenance hub brakes are robust and long-lasting and provide excellent stopping power come rain or shine.
- 7. Corrosion resistant pre-coat aluminium mudguards: with triple point fitting they protect you and your load from mud and water splashes, providing all-weather practicality.
- 8. *Optional heavy duty tubular steel rear carrier: strong and durable for increase load capacity. Optional racks available for the fitment of baskets or euroboxes.
- 9. High-comfort and durable padded saddle: an ideal all-rounder with elastomer springs to help cushion impacts.
- 10. Highly-durable paint finish: Durable powder-coat finish with corrosion resistant hi-zinc base coat. All of Pashley’s cycles are painted by hand using an oven-baked powder-coat to give a durable and vibrant finish.
- 11. Shatter-proof polycarbonate chainguard: Lightweight and corrosion proof, it helps reduce wear and tear on the chain by reducing its exposure to grit and water, thus decreasing the amount of maintenance required. Also protects the ride from catching the chain and grease marks.
- 12. *Optional easy-to-park heavy-duty Propstand: a sturdy ‘kick-down’ propstand with twin legs for added stability. Allows you to stand your bicycle upright with ease.
- 13 Robust multi-surface tyres with extra puncture protection and reflective side-walls: Hard-wearing tyres with secure tread design and an inner SmartGuard layer made from a flexible, special rubber that offers extra resistance to shards of glass and pins. A reflective band around the circumference of the tyre walls provide extra visibility after darkness.
Load Capcity = 20kg front and 20kg rear (+60kg rear capacity if using a Euroload trailer): 20kg of load can be carried on both the front and the rear of the cycle, in optional carrier racks. 60kg can be pulled at the rear using the optional Euroload trailer.